Thread: Bigmouth
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Ogryn1313 is infamous around these partsOgryn1313 is infamous around these partsOgryn1313 is infamous around these parts

Anna,

I dont recall I ever said we only went to Iraq to liberate. I didn't. The fact is, I know very well we went in for many reasons. You never go to war for one thing only. War is a huge investment in money and manpower, you have to get something out to justify it.

We went it to liberate. But we in for other reasons.

Yes, searching for WMD's that thus far have not been found, the result of faulty intelligence.

No, we didn't go for oil. If so oil prices wouldn't be such a pain in the balls for everyone. Iraq only taps about 10 percent of its oil. It would cost a fortune to bring up the infrastructure to the point Iraqi oil would be worth effort.

We went in to finish the job. Since the end of the first war there Iraq has continually attempted to shoot down planes patrolling the NFZ. Something the media doesn't like to tell people. To me that is an affront justifying a war.

We went in to create a stable democracy where one didn't exist before. With the long term goal of changing things in the Mideast. But this is all about ideology and fit for a different discussion in itself.

Fact time:

Saddam was in violation of something like 17 Useless Nations resolutions.

Iraq still had illegal weapons which were banned to them after the first war, including Al Samoud missiles.

The targeting of NFZ flight patrols.

Continued oppression and human rights violations.

These, Anna, are facts. All of which could have been resolved by the inneffective UN. Who wouldn't do their job. So we did it.

You think ALL Iraqis want us out. It isn't true. Some do and some don't. There is proof many want us there. Watch "Baghdad Hospital." A documentary on Iraq as filmed by a doctor in a hospital in Baghdad. He shows us the truth of the situation. There are, in this film, some who want us gone. While others want us there. The doctor himself said American forces right now are the only real authority in this chaotic mess. You may find this interesting. It is a wonderful bit of straight and unbiased documentary filming on this matter.

Now, I am not saying that which you cited is incorrect. We are both right actually. But we are both seeing the issue through different world views apparently. I do feel you are being biased and thus unfairly condemning.

And, Anna, considering the evil nature of the leadership in Iran, is it such a bad thing for us to be there in Iraq. Here you have a nation who funds terrorists and do not deny it. They are right now killing our men in Iraq. Let's not forget the hostage crisis decades ago. They call for the destruction of the Jews and Israel, deny the Holocaust...hell...their president even believes gays don't exist in his nation! This is dangerous nation. Perhaps they should have been invaded.

Anyway...Anna, on a personal level, I would hope our opposing views would not prevent possible friendship. So let us resolve to not have hard feelings over any debating we may do?