Thread: Bigmouth
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Ogryn1313 is infamous around these partsOgryn1313 is infamous around these partsOgryn1313 is infamous around these parts

We came along way since North Korea. You must not understand all the intricacies of warfare. Do you think those are examples of some inferiority?

North Korea: politics, ideology, these lost that conflict and resulted in stalemate. It doesn't reflect on the troops.

Vietnam: civil unrest at home, political pressure, and once again ideology are the cause of the withdrawal from the war. American forces won virtually every engagement against the North Vietnamese. However, the enemy was relentless and elusive. The Ho Chi Minh trail was difficult to sever because it constantly changed. Add to these severe restrictions placed on what we were allowed to do and where to go hindered our ability.

Iraq: For some reason people think Iraq is still an American war. They are in error. Coalition forces won the war in Iraq. All the objectives of the war were met. Saddam was overthrown and the Iraqi people have their own government and elections. What is going on in Iraq since Bush declared victory in Iraq isn't an American war. It is an Iraqi civil war in which various groups in Iraq are jockeying for power, with Al Qaeda and Iranian elements thrown in. America is there now as a sort of peace keeping force trying to hold the nation together. It is not a war in the usual sense as our original enemy there has been defeated. The troop surge has worked and many regions are now more peaceful. However, if troops are drawn out Iraq may well fall apart.

One simply needs to look at basic facts through an unbiased filter to see the truth of this. The liberal media and far left interests have constantly reported on Iraq in a negative light, willingly omitting any stories that would report any success or positive advancement. They even went so far as to prejudge and and influence the public regarding General Petraeus's report to Congress. Later on, many congressmen and senators validated the report as truthful and acknowledged the surge has had a positive effect in Iraq. The far left has used this "war" and "failure" to influence the public in order to get a democrat in the White House.

The "war" and "failure" in Iraq right now is entirely upon the Iraqis themselves. Also, do not forget it is a coalition that went into Iraq, not only Americans, including a few of the "superior" nations you speak of. So, it would seem any failure in Iraq ought to be blamed not only on American forces. Yet, notice the media only reports on the American forces, losses, deaths? No mention of the other forces there? This shows it's all biased and agenda driven reportage.

Afghanistan: again, the war was one and the Taliban government was removed. True, Bin Laden has not been killed nor captured. But his fate isn't critical to fighting terrorism. Only a nice vengeance bonus. There are still elements of the Taliban and al Qaeda at work there, operating in the lawless areas and using the difficult terrain to their advantage.

Also, American forces are operating under the strictest and most complex rules of engagement in their history which ties their hands and limits their ability to fight effectively.

Lastly, I reiterate one needs to look at the issue without bias and agenda to see the truth in a thing, and definately not make use of the media to form an opinion on matters. Now, I provoked this with my facetious comments previously. But I have never once denied America's falures. I just refuse to never overlook its successes and good points unlike most of the world these days.

For the record, I think America should have kept an isolationist stance and never entered into any foreign wars, inlcluding WW2. Should have left Europe on its own. We have only ever gotten grief and criticism ever since. I don't care about the Iraqis and they could still be oppressed by Hussein for my two cents. And my response to 9/11 would have been a rapid strike at Afghanistan and Bin Laden's camps unilaterally with no regard for collateral damage and civilian casualties. Terrorists and radical Islamic nations have no such concerns and so should be dealt with in like fashion in my opinion. Isolationist policies are America's best hopes for the future, and not thinking isolationist is what created so many of our problems.

But none of the above reflects upon the quality of our fighting ability and to grasp at things to put our troops down is a huge insult to our living veterans and dead ones. But I apply this thinking to all veterans of any nation. The troops should never be blamed for the failings of the higher ups. It's not the troops who choose their training, equipment, and such, nor is itthey who choose to go to war.

And with this I have said my piece. My apologies to all for such a long post and my applauds to anyone who actually read all of this. I shall now bow out of the topic.