Thread: Movie Quotes
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009
St. Araqiel

Rorschach: [reading from journal] Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, "Save us!"...and I'll whisper, "No."

[Rorschach comes across a copy of Jon standing in the snow]
Rorschach: Out of my way. People have to be told.
Jon Osterman: You know I can't let you do that.
Rorschach: Suddenly you discover humanity. Convenient. [takes off his mask] If you'd cared from the start, none of this would've happened.
Jon Osterman: I can change almost anything...but I can't change human nature.
Rorschach: Of course. You must protect Veidt's new utopia. What's one more body amongst foundations? [chokes up] Well, what are you waiting for? Do it.
[Jon hesitates]
Rorschach: DO IT!
[Jon makes Rorschach explode into a puddle of blood]

Eddie Jessup: Emily's quite content to go on with this life. She insists she's in love with me—whatever that is. What she means is she prefers the senseless pain we inflict on each other to the pain we would otherwise inflict on ourselves. But I'm not afraid of that solitary pain. In fact, if I don't strip myself of all this clatter and clutter and ridiculous ritual, I shall go out of my fucking mind. Does that answer your question, Arthur?
Arthur Rosenberg: What question was that?
Eddie Jessup: You asked me why I was getting divorced.
Arthur Rosenberg: Oh, listen, it's your life. I'm sorry I even asked.

Pamela Landy: What is Operation Blackbriar? You want to tell me, or should I call Kramer and ask him?
Noah Vosen: For Christ's sake, Pam, we're in the middle of an operation.
Pamela Landy: Bullshit. You want Jason Bourne? Level with me.
Noah Vosen: Operation Blackbriar started as an NEAT surveillance program.
Pamela Landy: What is it now?
Noah Vosen: It is now the umbrella program for all our black ops. Full envelope intrusion, rendition, experimental interrogation—it is all run out of this office. We are the sharp end of the stick now, Pam.
Pamela Landy: Lethal action?
Noah Vosen: If we have to, sure. That's what makes us special. No more red tape. No more getting the bad guys caught on our sights, then watching them escape while we wait for somebody in Washington to issue the order. [sees Landy's disapproving look] Oh, come on. You've seen the raw intel, Pam. You know how real the danger is. We need these programs now.

Jason Bourne: I remember. I remember everything. I'm no longer Jason Bourne.
Dr. Albert Hirsch: So now you're going to kill me.
Jason Bourne: No. You don't deserve the star they give you on the wall at Langley.