View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankhavelock View Post
Ok, I took a breath extra now :-)

The simple point that matters here (in my optics at least) is that we're not discussing the wrongs of murder in general but the insane fact that people are getting killed because of their gender identity. Because of whom they are.

I'm sorry, but that is a little different from stoned up mafia drug gangs shooting at each other over access to a street corner. Or the jealous hubby who in rage shoots his wife and lover... need I continue?

I actually had to check my dictionary for "invective" (English is not my native language) and I admit to being slightly political in my views but hardly in any way invective. Sure, I'll come after you if I find your statements outrageous.

And I did.

Like me or lump me, that's how I am. I'm not here to win a popularity contest. Besides, rest assured, that I'm not often here anymore :-) Haven't been for a long time as the general discussion is now beginning to repeat itself - and after about 900 postings, I guess I made my point.

I'm not a trans myself, but most of my friends are, and I live almost as much with their problems as they do themselves. So I know the pain and I know the fear. And guarded chitchatting gets us nowhere in a political sense. Luckily, where I have my life is less violent. But still...

So again, I'm sorry if you felt insulted, but I felt even more insulted by what I perceived as a rather simplistic way of neglecting the fact that cold blooded murder of people who just happen to be transsexual is no different from any other of the many murders you have in your country.

Every murder is unique - some just happen to be more unique than others! And killings of transsexuals are so outrageous because they touch on the basic democratic right of being whom you truly are - with your life at stake.

That's trans-reality.

So sorry for the third time to have stepped on your toes. But I'll probably do it again ;-)

Peace

H
Hank, I guess no matter how many times you read what I wrote you are going to decide that it says what you THINK, rather than what I actually WROTE, because you've decided in advance either that you are more enlightened or better than me. You're welcome to your opinion, but not to your own facts.

This is a non-apology for going after the wrong person for the wrong thing. You should consider running for political office in the United States. You would fit right in.