Thread: Hockey
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
At least it wasn't a total bummer as Tampa lost also, As for my drink of choice well i'm not much of a drinker so it'll depend on where we meet for the drink, If it's my neck of the woods i'll have a BUD ICE if it's up in yours then i'll try a LABATS i thubk thats the beers label i know i messed that spelling up sorry

Jerseygirl Jen
No matter if you aren't much of a drinker, Jennifer. It is the company of friends that is more important than the drinks. We could also have a wide variety of sodas and fruit punches available as well.

And don't worry too much about the spelling of Labatt. None of us are perfect, after all.

I will say, in all seriousness, that it would be cool to someday meet the bunch of you(Jen, Ila, dauls, rockabilly and anyone else for that matter) for a Meetup.

I actually had a Meetup last year with a group of people from another forum that I frequent. It was pretty cool. Out of the four of us, three of us were from Ontario(Canada) and the other was from New York(he is actually the owner of said site). He was a really nice host and he paid for all of our meals regardless of our protestations(and he totally blew the New York stereotype out of the water! He was a really nice guy.)

I've also had a couple of other meetups from the now-defunct forum Spacecast.com(a forum from the Canadian television station called Space: The Imagination Station). We all attended a Convention called TorontoTrek(but is now called Polaris) and usually went out for supper to chat. Lots of fun, but can be expensive after getting all the autographed pictures and whatnot(personal favourite was a photo taken with Christopher Judge aka Teal'c from SG1 where he wrote "Jaffa Kree!" on it. One of the nicest guys I have ever met. Totally humble and a great sense of humour. Not your typical celebrity at all!

It is something that rarely happens(since the online world offers so much anonymity), but it is nice when it happens.

Anyhoo, sorry for the MASSIVE derailment of the topic fellow sports fans!