Thread: Hockey
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sucks.you View Post
I don't blame anyone telling the Sharks: "We won't worry about you until the playoffs". For sure they deserve to hear that 1000 times. :-)

Nevertheless, we've retained or added to the offensive firepower from last year. We've also added grittiness, toughness, and intensity.

It rubs both directions. Our top lines are acting more gritty; fewer shots, but more checking and grinding. Our third and fourth line start trying to score. All four lines can score against anyone now.

On top of our game, we're hands down the best in the league. There's still occasional bonehead mistakes, and this magical dust that seems to come and go (as in all sports).

If the Sharks spend the rest of the regular season, not winning games, but learning how to be consistent, it's our year!

As much as it hurts for me to say it(as I do not have any respect for Heatley for what he did to Ottawa, and I'm not even an Ottawa fan!), but Heatley has changed that team for the better. He gives a huge offensive boost to an already offensively-heavy roster. One thing I wonder about is whether the layoff for the Olympics will slow down any of the hot teams?

And how about Dan Boyle? 22 points for a D-man! I'm glad I've got him in my pool. I think he will be able to keep up the pace all year and win the Norris(if he can keep his +/- respectable).