View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc
Default precisely my point

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH View Post
But any of you people that are "so opposed" to being labeled ANYTHING, MUCH LESS "gay," I feel you are dealing with a certain ingrained personal homophobia and self-hatred. Trust me, as a transgendered individual, I've dealt with it plenty, and had LOTS of questions about just who/what I am. The fact is, society deals in labels. And I can appreciate philosophical arguments against them, truly I can. But no amount of my or your logic will convince most people. So I find the best way to make labels moot is to accept any and all of them. In doing so, their power is stolen...

The more we can steal labels, accept them, and move on, the less a hetero-normative society has claim to them. So for trans-admirers...Don't call your ladies "she-males," call them "females." And don't be afraid to be "gay," anymore than we are. Getting TRULY past labels involves more than just a willingness to argue how unneccesary they are.
Thank you. In making the argument against labels, this is really my point. Society insists on them, so get past them by refusing to play the game. GRH provides an excellent roadmap for doing just that.