Thread: Barack Obama
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Ogryn1313 is infamous around these partsOgryn1313 is infamous around these partsOgryn1313 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SluttyShemaleAnna View Post
The Iraqi parliament voted that the US should leave, the US are still there, that pretty much sums it up.
Because if we left precipitously Iraq would be in full civil war and likely invaded by Iran. Or at the lest Iran would install a puppet regime.

That's the typical comeback of a person who refuses to look at the big picture but rather complain about certain points.

On my other site people like you are in the majority. You might like it there. And in particular all the Brits do as you do. Every Brit I've ever encountered seems to have some kind of ignrance driven obsession with hating this nation. I've yet to find one Brit say one positive thing about America.

And I'm left to conclude it is because of two possible things: Brits are, by nature arrogant assholes who love to bitch and moan. Or, and I do hope this one is the reason, the people of England are bashing the United States to mask their insecurities about their own less than perfect nation. After all, it isn't as if England has a spotless and unblemished history and has always been the paragon of a virtuous nation. And as Tracy pointed out, England has had more effect on the Middle East than America.

So, could it be that the people of England, who bitch about America while ignoring their own "fuckeduppery" simply being insecure? Makes them feel a little better about their smile island nation?

Why is America having more effect now? Because America has more power, wealth and influence. It's no wonder when the shit hits the fan nations call on America long and pass on England.

Then consider history. England is sore they lost their colonies. And who stood to benefit the most from the Industrial Revolution? Not England. America. Because we made this our country. England lost its superpower status. And so when the Industrial Revolution happened all the vast resources of this nation were ours. England, on the other hand, by this time was a shrinking empire who depended, and still does, on trade from other nations to survive. England lacks the agricultural capacity and manufacturing capacity to be self-sufficient. Whereas, if America so desired, we could sever ties with other nations in the form of trade and be able to survive on our own resources with the exception of oil.

In other words: America is the big dog on the porch while England is the little waiting for scraps.