Thread: Movie Quotes
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011
St. Araqiel

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: What is this Mickey Mouse shit?! What in the name of Jesus H. Christ are you animals doing in my head?! Why is Private Pyle out of his bunk after lights-out?! Why is Private Pyle holding that weapon?! Why aren't you stomping Private Pyle's guts out?!
Joker: Sir, it is the Private's duty to inform the Senior Drill Instructor that Private Pyle has a full magazine and has locked and loaded, sir! ? Full Metal Jacket

[last lines]
Marines: [singing] M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E. We play fair and we work hard and we're in harmony. M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E. Mickey Mouse. Mickey Mouse. Forever let us hold our banner high. High! High! High! Boys and girls from far and near, you're as welcome as can be. M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E. Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me? M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E. Who is marching coast to coast and far across the sea? M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E. Mickey Mouse. Mickey Mouse. Forever let us hold his banner high. High! High! High! Come along and sing a song and join our family. M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E. Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me? M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E. Hey there, hi there, ho there, you're as welcome as can be. M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E. ? Full Metal Jacket

V: Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof. ? V for Vendetta

Nelson: Hey, Twombles!
Twombly: What?
Nelson: C'mere. The Humvees ain't coming back, dude.
Twombly: What? Were we supposed to go to them?
Nelson: I thought they were supposed to come to us.
Twombly: I think we're supposed to go to them.
Nelson: Shit.
Twombly: Okay, let's go to the crash site.
Nelson: Okay. Just don't fire that thing so close to my head. I can barely hear as it is.
[they exchange fire with a group of Somali militiamen]
Twombly: Shit! Get down! [fires a long burst inches above Nelson's head]
Nelson: What did I just tell you?! I swear to God, you do that again?
Twombly: Shut up! [fires on the remaining Somalis]
Nelson: AAAAHHH! Aaahh! Uhhh...
Twombly: You okay? Nelson, you all right?
Nelson: WHAT?! ? Black Hawk Down

Paul Rusesabagina: I am glad that you have shot this footage and that the world will see it. It is the only way we have a chance that people might intervene.
Jack: Yeah, and if no one intervenes, is it still a good thing to show?
Paul Rusesabagina: How can they not intervene when they witness such atrocities?
Jack: I think if people see this footage they'll say, "Oh my God, that's horrible," and then go on eating their dinners. ? Hotel Rwanda

Gust Avrakotos: As long as the press sees sex and drugs behind the left hand, you can park a battle carrier behind the right hand and no one's gonna fucking notice. ? Charlie Wilson's War