Thread: World Cup -2010
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
England 1 - 4 Germany

We were dreadful and got what we deserved.
And if it wasn't for our star player, David James, the Germans would have probably scored eight.

As for Lampard's chance....FIFA has issued this Official Photograph to confirm why the Uruguayan Referee & Linesman were correct to not award England a second goal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts_addict View Post
The FA need to sort out grassroots football imo.

Where is the next generation? Rodwell, Wilshere and er....

We didn't deserve to win anyway imo. Still rather gutted.
England didn't play to their full potential and would not have won even had their second goal been allowed. Germany outplayed England, but it took the second goal to really wake up Germany and make them play harder.

My view on the second goal is that it should have been allowed. It wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game, but it still should have been allowed. I could clearly see on tv that it was a goal and that was even before they showed replay from several different angles. The German goalie seemed to me to be surprised that it wasn't called as a goal.

I like your picture, dauls.