View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

racquel is just really niceracquel is just really niceracquel is just really niceracquel is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionahavelock View Post
i don't really agree with that term.. well of course people getting married also for many reason, protections, rights and also benefit. such as divorce protection, medical, social security and so on.
so i believe in legal marriage then just declare it..
it's just my thought...
I totally agree. I'm just saying it's not the end of the world. Gay and TS people have lived together for a long time, and you can get some of the same protections with business partnerships, civil unions and various contracts. Anybody can get a joint checking account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeMind View Post
...but the flat out truth is that they ALSO don't want same-sex couples destroying what they feel are their religious beliefs, and they absolutely don't want to see same-sex marriages impeding on their churches or their personal rights.
We all hear the cries of religious folks saying that gay marriage destroys the religious sanctity of marriage. There's one major, major problem with that argument. If you're going to truly follow your religion then for the most part you need to say that everybody who doesn't is going to hell. If you're a fundamentalist Christian you must think that atheists, Jews, Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, Taoists and probably Catholics are all going to hell. They're all heathens, not just the gays and trannys. Therefore all their marriages are an abomination -- an affront to God, Jesus and Scripture. So if you oppose gay marriage you should also oppose all marriage outside your faith because it all destroys the religious sanctity of marriage.

But all these fundamentalists are just hateful. They don't even care about what they're supposed to believe. If you actually read the Bible you will find that gays and transsexuals are not in any way condemned by Jesus. Moses said in Leviticus that you shouldn't have gay sex, but he also said you shouldn't eat pork or do any work on Saturday or you'll burn in hell. Jesus said over and over that people shouldn't try to follow the law of Moses, though. And remember that whole part where Sodom was destroyed because they were gay? Try actually reading it. The entire city wanted to gang rape two angels that God sent, and that is why they were destroyed. Of course, the Bible is all made up, but if you're going to say you follow it you should actually read it.

And the other argument that any marriage infringes on anybody else's rights is absurd.