View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

a9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud of

Didn’t think I could surpass the 1978 “OctaPlus” set I posted a few months ago. But…

From a Ludwig catalog. From 1982. I counted 20 drums. Did I miss any? Wonder what this would cost today? More than my “ZR-1”? A year’s salary? I’m sure more than the diesel “dually’s” we are looking at.

As you may know from other posts, I grew up listening to Metal in all forms. Double Bass is almost mandatory for that style of music. Been to see some of the biggest names ever. Have never seen anything close to this monster on stage. Not even Neil Peart or Mike Portnoy. What would you even transport it in? It would need its own truck. God, I’d hate to be the “drum tech.”

Ludwig was the brand of drums I ended up with after my parents “caved” and let me take drum lessons after seeing “Wayne’s World.” I was nine. My dad and I found a beat up old black Ludwig kit that looked like it had been on one tour too many. And it had two bass drums! I think he gave the guy like $200 cash. Too bad I don’t still have it. Sounded like crap and falling apart but we put those “blue” oil heads on it and for about 3 or 4 years I really got into it.

Eventually my mom won out having had to put up with all the noise and pounding coming from our basement. So we (she) got rid of it one day. I was into sports by then, especially football, where I really did show some promise. Also, my parents wanted me to go on to college someday (football or not) and thought music was a “bad influence” and would “hurt my grades” or that I would “do drugs” (probably just the stuff I listened to… ).
Attached Thumbnails
d35876ab2657d0f3e89a3a5fe4e5d6cd.jpg