Thread: Languages
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Ogryn1313 is infamous around these partsOgryn1313 is infamous around these partsOgryn1313 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
The theory is that there was a migration from Asia to the Americas across a land bridge where the Bering Sea is now. I don't know whether it could be classified as an epic migration or just a migration of small groups over a long period of time. In my mind an epic migration would be the movement of a large group of people over a long distance in a short space of time. I don't know if the populating of the Americas was done in this fashion or not.

The alternate to the migration theory is from the Natives themselves which say that they were always in the Americas and did not migrate here from anywhere else.
Thank you. It's been a long time since school so I forgot much. I agree with what you think. A series of small groups over time seems more logical than a mass exodus. A mass exodus would likely need a reason to move yes? So what could that be then? A massive war? Famine, disease, some other thing? No evidence of this. So it's likely small groups over time moved for various reasons. Perhaps a small tribe fled from conflict with another. Or most likely it was just man's natural curiosity.

The alternate theory is also quite likely. They may well have always been here.