Thread: Languages
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogryn1313 View Post
Ila, wasn't this how the Native American's entered this continent, an epic migration from one to the other via land bridge? Or am I mistaken?
The theory is that there was a migration from Asia to the Americas across a land bridge where the Bering Sea is now. I don't know whether it could be classified as an epic migration or just a migration of small groups over a long period of time. In my mind an epic migration would be the movement of a large group of people over a long distance in a short space of time. I don't know if the populating of the Americas was done in this fashion or not.

The alternate to the migration theory is from the Natives themselves which say that they were always in the Americas and did not migrate here from anywhere else.