Thread: Languages
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

My friends, I assure you, I cannot compete on grounds intellect in this subject. I know next to NOTHING about linguistic development, and won't pretend to be an expert in the subject. But of what I have read, Sanskrit seems to be one of the oldest of languages, and a variety of sources cite that these tales/language date back to around 4,000 BCE. Whether it is in fact the OLDEST or not, I don't know, but I suspect the origins of recorded language probably originated not TOO far from the Middle East region/India.

As an aside that is completely irrelevant to this discussion...Is Sanskrit difficult to learn? It is a language that I feel that I should learn, but I am SO not motivated when it comes to foreign languages (particularly ones of antiquity), that I don't even know when to start. There is no such thing as "a class" about Sanskrit where I am from, so where would an initiate start?