Thread: Self Defense
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Slavetoebony is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodieTs View Post
I never said that having guns magically stops the development of a police state.
Don't misquote me; guns scare me, so I wouldn't say that.

However, a well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
{2nd amendment}
Those guys seem to know more about these things that I do.

Also, take a look at Switzerland....
Gun_politics_in_Switzerland

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/1566715.stm
Guns are deeply rooted within Swiss culture - but the gun crime rate is so low that statistics are not even kept.

The country has a population of six million, but there are estimated to be at least two million publicly-owned firearms, including about 600,000 automatic rifles and 500,000 pistols.

I bet they don't get a lot of break-in's either....
Switzerland hasn't been invaded for 800 years. This is unique for war-torn Europe. Even during WW2 they managed to keep the Nazis and allies from violating their territory. Why? Because unlike other countries in Europe, the Swiss did not give up their right to be armed.
In modern-day Switzerland, criminals don't dare to attack people because they know their opponents are armed. Compare this to neighbouring Germany. A country of very similar culture with exactly the same mix of natives and immigrants. The only difference is that Germany enforces gun control, and the crime rate, including armed robbery, murder and rape is spiraling out of control. Guns make a safer society, that's a fact.