View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardSinclair View Post
Then Bionca's post had me confused. Although I can clearly see how this offends you, I don't think an m2f trans will ever be regarded as fake. You must first understand the sexual desire that fuels such passion towards these fantasies. These are completely 2 different types of mind sets, and the sex industry knows this. To make you understand fully, I remind you of the example on how post-op m2f trans are not as marketable in the sex industry as pre-ops, not to say there isn't a market for post-ops (there is one).

Now my final thought on your posts is that sexual fantasies and desires aside, I don't think this will have any impact on the trans world. What you must understand is that the trans world is unique therefore not fake. People who really love trans will not really be interested in these "fakes", even if they find themselves curious to see, eventually they will come to realise that they've been cheated out of the real thing. Nothing fake can ever substitute the real thing! Plus there's more to a trans than just the body, our sexual orientation all starts from what we feel inside! Maybe the world would be better if we were all Intersexual (although asexual reproduction would be half the fun at least you'd have more choice).
Trans women exist in a world where our gender is routinely seen as fake. The fake pics only emphasize this by constructing trans woman as not really actual women. But real actual women can be "shemales" (and those are better cuz you know, they are still "real girls").

I think I understand the point you are trying to make with the " 2 different types of mind sets..." part, but I'm not completely sure. If you'd like to clarify or reword that I'd appreciate it, because I think you have a good point, but I don't want to mess it up.

I'm with you as far as there being more to trans than just the body. However, holding cis women up as an idealized version of a trans woman is harmful to trans women. Particularly when the site is full to the brim with photos of real actual trans women - what's missing on/ with the trans women? What is the attraction/ curiosity? Is there a message being sent or implied with the shopped pics?

Making a case for the "real thing" vs. fakes isn't really useful since a large portion of the site thinks cis (not trans) IS the "real thing" and by default implication trans is "fake".