Thread: Baseball
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
I think the commissioner at the time, team owners, coaches, etc. have got to take some of the blame for the rampant steroid use among the players. Had those in charge not turned a blind eye/encouraged the use/failed to implement drug testing then there would not have been a problem and the players would have had unblemished records. Maybe these players were capable of their feats without drug use, but we'll never know and baseball is the poorer for it.

The fans have lost out and the players have lost out. The only winners, it seems to me, were the team owners. I'm not shocked at this, but I am disappointed.
It boggles the mind how quickly everyone has given A-Roid a pass(and that means Bud Selig as well as other MLB execs), yet they still will not allow Pete Rose into the Hall! Come on! I can see if Pete ever bet for the Reds to lose, but he always bet for them to win. I think Pete's "crime" is far less severe than the various juice-heads that will probably end up in the Hall(A-Roid? There is one undeserving assclown if I ever saw one. I can't stand that punk!