Thread: Summer drinks
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRH View Post
I don't mind sissified drinks, truth be told, some of those mixed drinks taste fabulous. But in my experience, bars and restaurants often sell very diluted versions, and I'm too cheap to pay $5-7 for what amounts to a shot or two of liqour. I could be drinking at home MUCH cheaper and in MUCH larger volume...

I suppose that I gave up drinking for taste a few years ago. I like beer, and I really prefer imported beer (or craft brewery beer), as it has so much more taste than any of the mass-marketed domestic garbage. But on a per drink basis, I found beer to be an expensive luxury. Particularly when someone such as myself drinks for effect...

And I guess that is my problem...I hear about people that drink these top shelf liquors that are diluted in the very sort of "candy drinks" that you refer to Bionca. If I drink any sort of top shelf (or mid-shelf) liquor, I want it to be for taste. Once a liquor is diluted into fruit juice, soda, seltzer, etc. it looses some of it's character...you might as well be drinking bottom shelf in my opinion. And if you're drinking bottom shelf, you're drinking for effect. I never got people that mix high end liquors into a taste-diluting concoction. I myself want the most bang for my buck...

Honestly, I have no idea what a drink costs... I have never actually bought one in my life. I only drink when I'm out, and I'd never get tipsy alone. So, drinking is a date thing exclusively and pretty much a treat, so I'm going for yummy. If the one buying the drink gets top shelf stuff... I doubt I'd actually know the differance.

.. ok.. so this conversation makes me seem like a twinky little girl *sigh*