View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

johndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these partsjohndowe is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Freedom View Post
do you think CDs and DVDs are reliable.....
Cyclic Redundancy Error , i don't know why it happens but it left me quite unsure of the optical disks....so i stopped creating backups on them....i think blu ray disks will suit the purpose better....but they are quite expensive comparatively.
what do u think of the static external hard disks? are they reliable??
but here also the cost is way too much...what to do???
Hi there.

External hard disks, there are 3 sizes, the microminiature ones, that can fit on your key chain, 40gigs or so, bigger than flash drive but much more fragile, then there are the medium and large size, they are made with laptop and regular computer hard disks, so they are just as reliable, they are housed in a small case with a USB to hard disk interface, the laptop version uses the USB power, the bigger version uses an external power supply, they are a good media for back-ups and are very easily updated, the price is a bit high ($150) but, what is the price of losing your data? If your data is VERY importand and valuable you should have multipls back-ups, external hard disk AND CD/DVD.

JohnDowe.