View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust1n View Post
I've just been pondering this.

Why do men (and some woman on here) choose to have faceless profiles?
If these people care so much for the T community why not be open about their 'sexuality' or whatever you would like to label it? Whilst people hide behind closed doors no change is being made to the T community to brake down any stigmatism.

If you were to be open about it you would clearly see that not that many people care; if they do, you should sack them off, they're clearly not worth knowing for being small minded bigots.

Jus' my two cents worth for today, it was nice to theorise something which wasn't criminology.

Alex
The approach to breaking down stigmatism suggested by your post is, to be quite blunt, tremendously na?ve. While it is true that individual actions can make a difference, the ramifications of "outing" one's self on a board such as this can be quite negative. To suggest that "not that many people care" is so binary, as you do, is to suggest that people put themselves in serious potential danger, depending on their personal circumstances (location, job, family, and so on).

While I celebrate the fact that you have posted your face, I let my words suffice. Meanwhile, I get to choose the very substantial ways in which I play a role at my employer and in my city to help overcome discrimination against trans people.

Last edited by smc; 11-11-2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Fixed typo.