Thread: Hockey
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

And here we go with tonight's scores. I warn you, gentle readers, that with it being Friday the 13th there will be some frights in store for you(especially with Toskala in net! Remember! You have been warned!!!

1. Washington beat Minnesota 3-1. No big surprise there since the only team that hasn't beaten Minnesota lately are the Leafs. *grumble* Leafs! Ovechkin did not play, but it sounds like he will play on Saturday. Darn.

2. The Islanders beat Carolina 4-3 in overtime! All I can say is that one team was going to win. It was a crapshoot as to which one it would be(as they are both not very good teams this year, with Carolina taking the lead in the craptitude race).

3. Columbus beat Anaheim 3-2 in the SHOOTOUT! RUN ILA!!!! The shootout is gonna get'cha!

4. Buffalo beat Calgary 2-1 in the, dare I say it?..., shootout! See? I told you there were lots of frightful tales this dreary night(well, it wasn't really dreary as the weather was quite nice for November).

5. In a truly dreadful massacre, Atlanta totally moiderlized *nyuk* *nyuk* *nyuk* LA 7-0. Halloween came late for these two teams as Atlanta got lots of treats and LA got nothing but a big bag of flaming poo placed on their porch. Poor LA. Don't step on the....ooooh too late.

6. And last, and most certainly least, Chicago beat Toronto 3-2. Kessel got two goals(4 goals already!) for Toronto, but my taste for the game was sullied by the fact that "no glove" Toskala was in net. Well, I guess I can take solace in the fact that he didn't give up 7 goals like LA did.

And there you have it, boys and ghouls! Another edition of Hockey Horror is finished. Be safe and do not step on any flaming bags of poop on your porch.

P.S. I am neither drunk nor tippy. I just have a weird sense of humour(well, I hope that you find it humourous! )