Thread: Hockey
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
Interesting discusssions at work today, shadows. It was generally agreed that Wayne Gretzky is just too classy to not show up for the HHOF induction ceremony. I think he showed true class in his interview when he told reporters that the game is bigger than one person (sorry had to paraphrase here). He was, of course, referring to himself.
I read quotes from that interview as well. I agree that he is the epitome of class, something a lot of players(not just in the NHL, but other sports as well) need to adopt. Look at him and someone like Allen Iverson for example. Two great players, but one that is a whiny, spoiled diva. AI is unhappy that he has been relegated to being a bench player for Memphis and now it sounds like he wants to retire because of it. Waaaaaaaah! You make millions of dollars so suck it up buttercup! I feel no sympathy to you at all. Perhaps if you would show up for practice then you might not have this problem.

"Practice? Practice? It's just practice, man! I don't need practice!"(almost an exact quote from AI from a year or two ago). And no wonder why people are disgusted by many athletes these days. Be a freaking role model, or at least be LESS of a jackass, especially to the fans. We DO pay your salary(for all intents and purposes) after all.

(Sorry for the mini-rant. LOL!)