Thread: Who gets high?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

sesame has a spectacular aura aboutsesame has a spectacular aura about

GRH:
Quote:
I myself think that we are so much more than this. That said, I'm glad to know that you have explored meditation. This is a route that I need to explore more, it would probably be less harmful to my body than all the chemicals. I must say though, I'm lazy, and psychoactives are the arm-chair quarterback's means of enlightenment. What is your major influence...Buddhist meditation? I myself have had my own spirituality heavily influenced by Hinduism...
Yes, GRH, meditation is beneficial to body and mind, but one must try for a long time with much discipline to get used to it. You can't master it in 3 days. :D People want fast results and turn to drugs due to impatience. Drugs can also take one to unexplored domains of consciousness. But Drug is like a zip-zap-zoom method. You are there even before you begin to understand it. Here, Meditation has extra advantage. Meditation is slow in the beginning, but you have control over it's mechanism. And you can reach any particular plane of consciousness as many times you wish at will. With drugs, you dont know the station the train will stop at. But still I am interested in knowing (2nd hand ) about drug induced experiences, because it tells us about unexplored regions of consciousness.
The real life [REALITY]is necessary for all of us. But sometimes I find it quite boring.

Ok, the helps I recieved in meditation come from various schools of philosophy: In order of effectiveness===>
1) Vedanta from the Upanishads [Hindu]
2) Vipassana from Dhammapad [Buddhist]
3) Gita [Hindu]
4) Yoga (Rajayoga & Hathayoga) & (Aurovindo) [Hindu]
5) Don Juan (Books by Carlos Castaneda) [American Indian]

Quote:
That said, regarding our conversation about drugs, do you have any preference? Otherwise I might just pick an arbitrary place to start and will slowly pick away at describing the different categories, highs, comedowns, etc.
I had many bouts with monks smoking Ganja (cannabis) :D
When they offered, I declined gracefully. You can start with Cannabis.
In one of my visits to the Himalayas, I took refuge in a hermitage for the night. This particular Hermit had a huge garden full of various psychotropic herbs! And he was a very strong, helpful and happy person. (not the typical drug junkie)
Actually these herbs can also open gateways to subtle states of the mind. But their unrestrained use (or abuse) by undisciplined people gives them a bad name. As such, mother nature is quite unbiased. She has such priceless jewels hidden in her bosom!
Attached Thumbnails
hemp.jpg