View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

GroobyKrissy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenae LaTorque View Post
And I might say that for you to publically air anything that is contained in a personal message will be considered by many as an unethical act and not very nice. I will not repute the words you quoted because they do represent my view of someone who makes self righteous claims about relevance and do not bother to back up their assertion. The plain fact of the matter is that the numbers represented by the available data indicate that for the most part, there is not all that much downloading of member exclusive pics going on here.

Then you pull quotes out of context - another questionable action. Those quotes were pulled from my ealier posts where we were questioning the apparent declaration that all posts should be limited to 3 pics per set. At that time seanchi had not made the addition to his initial post as it now stands. Those quotes are in referance to the matter of "promo" pics that are freely available on the net. Many see those as in the public domain and I can appreciate their position. Part of the price we do pay in accessing them is that we are subjected to advertising, annoying pop ups, and in worst case scenarios; the attempts of sites to put adware, malware, and other goodies on OUR COMPUTERS. So I can see where users do feel a certain ownership in these pics. I DO believe they have no right to repost them on their own site in an effort to make money off of them. I do believe they do have some right to post them here on this forum. And as mentioned by other members the site owners do gain a certain amount of promotion this way just as they gain from FHG site promotion.

I have to be somewhere now so I will sign off for now.
OOHHH... Blue and Red text! Well, that MUST mean, you're right...

So, hey, guilty as charged. And, don't go spouting 'Ethics' and 'not very nice' at me... take a look at the mirror on those two accounts. At least I have the decency to admit, it may have not been in the best of judgments to post your excerpt publicly... I got caught up in a rare moment of anger because, quite honestly, I didn't do anything to deserve this attack. And, I would call it COWARDLY at the very least to hide those sentiments behind a PM. BUT... hey, wait a minute, since you sent it to me over the Internet, I have the right to post it anywhere I want, right? I mean, I basically own it now, according to your own logic.

Nice backpedal but even for those who read the entirety of your two posts, I don't believe the context will help solidify the validity of your arguments or your own need to backtrack. It's pretty obvious where you were going with those posts. Bottom line, you got caught and now have to backpedal. I pulled the quotes out more for spacial reasons than anything. I invite anyone to read the two posts and decide for yourselves if you'd honestly think that she's only speaking of 'promo pictures' there. I submit, grudgingly, that Jenae is smart enough, with her [self proclaimed] 150+ IQ, to have put those exact words in there if that was the original intent. Unless she was doing due diligence on all the 'FREE' sites she visited (which I highly doubt), certainly there was no way in knowing whether or not her pictures were from a legitimate Affiliate Program or ripped and therefore, 'ETHICALLY' should not have been downloaded or redistributed.

Funny how you still haven't publicly answered or refuted ANY of the points I've brought up concerning your irrelevant posts, confusing the original issue, and etc. ?? Again, I have NOT resorted to name calling and insults other than to say that your logic is at times, faulty and you seem to have a very egotistical view of yourself... a point which it seems others share reading through your 'Ask Janae Anything' thread.

Quote:
I do believe they do have some right to post them here on this forum.
FALSE. And, this shows your incorrect beliefs on this subject. If you don't actually OWN the copyright to an image NOT in public domain, you don't have 'THE RIGHT' to post it ANYWHERE without permission. Just like, if you eat at McDonald's EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR FIFTY YEARS, it doesn't make you able to suddenly open up your very own McDonald's and use all their trademarked images and copyrighted materials. Usage doesn't equal ownership. You're wrong. I know it's asking a lot, but humble yourself and just admit it.

Quote:
Many see those as in the public domain and I can appreciate their position. Part of the price we do pay in accessing them is that we are subjected to advertising, annoying pop ups, and in worst case scenarios; the attempts of sites to put adware, malware, and other goodies on OUR COMPUTERS
So, in the name of good 'ETHICS' and 'BEING NICE' can you please provide a list of the sites that DO NOT put adware, malware, or other goodies on your computer because you're sure making it sound like they all do... which is NOT TRUE. Obviously, there are some bad sites out there. The sites in question (listed) are all well run sites with honest webmasters / owners at the helm. Do you only go out and hold up only the 'bad banks' or go rape only the 'deserving women?' Strong words I know but think about what this course of logic is saying. Basically, because there are sites that do try to put crap on your computer that gives you THE RIGHT to violate the Terms and Conditions of ALL the sites? C'mon!!! If we were FORCING you to click on a link then MAYBE you'd have a small point (and even then weak) to make regarding 'paying' for something. As it stands, you're making yet another excuse for your wanting to view and enjoy something for free and redistribute it to feed your own ego.

Last edited by GroobyKrissy; 10-12-2009 at 05:54 PM.