View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

I watched on documentary, last night, about the citizens of Tehran. It was certainly not the Tehran I had expected to see from the news reports that are in the media. There were not a lot of men with long beards and plain clothing. Nor were the women veiled and wearing black. Instead most citizens were dressed as you would find people dressed in the west. The women did wear headscarves. One reporter that was interviewed explained the dress as being a form of expression because the people have been repressed for so long in so many ways.

Iran is still not a liberal society, but after watching that documentary I would conclude that it is not as harsh as the media leads us to believe.

(The documentary was filmed by a BBC reporter and camera crew. The reporter did point out restrictions still in place.)