View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionca View Post
I think there is an important aspect to this story that is being overlooked. The Trans (Or Hijra) community asked for this designation. It wasn't placed on them by the government.

I would assume that this can be used to lobby the government for access to social service programs or to give an indication as to the how large the population is and where they are located. This was targeted job training, STD education and other programs can be applied where most useful.

the important thing is the community thinks this is a good move and a step forward.
It looks like you may be right. When I had first read it, I thought it meant special interest groups(like the various groups in Canada/Us) that protested various events/people when it didn't fall into their view. I guess I leapt before I looked.