Thread: Sarah Palin
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeMind View Post
Except as you stated at the beginning, the article comes from an "alternative" paper, which will clearly have a political leaning (most likely Left). And I find it interesting that they quote poll numbers, but in the excerpts you supplied it's never stated WHERE they actually came from or how legitimate they are.

So, let's look at actual numbers from a reputable source. As of today, here's what America is REALLY thinking and feeling, courtesy of Gallup...

Obama has a 50% approval rating -- meaning the country is literally split right down the middle. Half of us like him, half of us hate him.

The bad news for Obama and the Democrates? Overall, the current rate of national unemployment and/or under-employed is 19.7%. That means a staggering 1 out 5 Americans need jobs.

Equally bad: 45% of Americans consider economic conditions "poor", while only 9% rate it good. But the biggest blow of all is that 56% -- a clear majority -- say economic conditions are STILL getting WORSE.

Based on a Feb 1-3 poll, currently 44% of Americans would vote to reelect Obama, while 42% -- essentially a statistical tie -- now say they'd vote for ANY Republican candidate, even unnamed at this time, just to unseat Obama.

As with the last election, Independents are the key. But right now, Obama has his work cut out for them. Independents are the fastest growing political affiliation in the country. However, Independents would now prefer a Republican in the Oval Office over Obama, by a 45% to 31% spread.

So, what does this mean for Palin?
Actually, it means she's creeping up, as this LA TIMES article notes...

Not that it matters politically because obviously she's a female Republican dunce
and he's obviously a male Democratic genius.

But Sarah Palin's poll numbers are strengthening.
And President Obama's are sliding.
Guess what? They're about to meet in the 40s.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...ers-are-c.html
Just so there's no confusion, which could be inadvertently sown by your posting CreativeMind, my posting of the editorial from the Boston Phoenix should in no way be construed as my agreement or disagreement with the points it made. I thought it was interesting and humorous and simply wanted to share.