View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012
Senior Ladyboy Lover

TracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
I didn't write that "these values that Obama goes on about" are un-American. I wrote that it is un-American to "give any truck to this bullshit" ABOUT him and what he said in the speech in question ... that is, the bullshit about his "otherness."
Ok, let me try and understand. I didn't give any, uh, truck? to this bullshit ABOUT him and what he said in the speech in question. And this is when I said "I think for some people, it's like "wow, he's finally admitted it". And for many others, obama put words to a nagging feeling they've had about him. Obama is trying to get away from those comments, but it's not working. It's got too much of the ring of truth (at least that BO feels this way) for people to dismiss it".

Ok, I guess the key word in what you said is 'truck'. I am not an academic where words like truck and their obvious uses do not apply. You'll have to rephrase that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
I stand by my point about racism. I'm not defending Obama by raising it. I'm defending what is right. This Obama-as-other stuff is wrapped tightly in racism. You can pretend it isn't, but it doesn't change reality.
Ok, look again at
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyCoxx View Post
I think for some people, it's like "wow, he's finally admitted it". And for many others, obama put words to a nagging feeling they've had about him. Obama is trying to get away from those comments, but it's not working. It's got too much of the ring of truth (at least that BO feels this way) for people to dismiss it.
Please bold the "Obama-as-other stuff" part so I can see what you're talking about.