View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows View Post
*sarcasm mode on*

How nice to see that they are treated as things rather than people.

*sarcasm mode off*

Man, that is such bullshit. I really hope, especially sometime in my lifetime, that people will wake up and realize that we are all human beings struggling to find happiness in this world and that it would be easier to find if we all treated each other with respect.
I think there is an important aspect to this story that is being overlooked. The Trans (Or Hijra) community asked for this designation. It wasn't placed on them by the government.

I would assume that this can be used to lobby the government for access to social service programs or to give an indication as to the how large the population is and where they are located. This was targeted job training, STD education and other programs can be applied where most useful.

the important thing is the community thinks this is a good move and a step forward.