Thread: Baseball
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010

dauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond reputedauls has a reputation beyond repute
Default 'Big Hurt'

Quote:
Originally Posted by transjen View Post
At one time hiting 500 HR was an automatic ticket to Copperstown, The only thing that would stop me from voting for him would be if it came out he was on roids

Jerseygirl Jen
Frank Thomas has been one of MLB's more vocal anti-steroids players over the past decade or so. I think pretty much everyone would be stunned if his name was to be tarnished by a roids scandal.

I always thought fans and reporters saw him as a definite future Hall of Famer, especially if he made it to 500 HR.

OK his career average fell approx. 20 points to .301 during the 'noughties', but that surely won't count against him when the voters see his name on the ballot.

His number is being retired by the White Sox in August. How many players with retired numbers have failed to become Hall of Famers?

Big Frank should be a first-ballot Hall of Famer.