Thread: Baseball
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Everyone has their favorite signs that spring is here, or at least on its way. I like the first robin that shows up in my yard, back from the south. But my favorite one is when pitchers and catchers start reporting for spring training. And today, despite that the official date is next Thursday, Jon Lester and Jonathan Papelbon were throwing the baseball around the field in Fort Meyers. Kevin Youkilis is in town, too, playing catch and having fun.

Go
Red Sox!
I just read in the paper this morning that the day that the Sox head off for spring training is known as Truck day in Boston (actually the paper said New England, but I find it hard to believe that all of New England supports the BoSox). Is that the real term, smc, or is someone trying to coin a new phrase? Apparently yesterday was Truck day.