View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010
aw9725

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslbfan View Post
That's why I put the word "normal" in quotes. I'm sure a lot of people don't consider them normal and those people would most likely ridicule us for liking them. I love a good-looking girl no matter what she has down there.
I too, totally agree with your last sentence. As for the ignorant and intolerant "haters" out there--they can fuck off...

Ever since I promoted and attended the Day of Remembrance last November, I have been fairly open regarding my feelings. I used that occasion as my “coming out” if you will. Nobody has said anything negative so far--at least not to my face.

Most of you know I teach in higher-ed. My “work” environment is perhaps a little more tolerant and accepting of alternative lifestyles than say a typical corporation in the US. We have a significant number of gay and lesbian faculty and staff members as well as students. So I probably have it “easier” than most of you in that respect.

Still, I don’t know what the reaction would be if I were in a relationship with a trans woman. My guess is my family and friends would be happy for me as long as I was with someone who was special to me. As far as my work and social activities--well, one of my best friends on our faculty is gay and routinely brings his partner to on-campus activities. The whole school knows he is gay. His students know it. His dean knows it. I don’t think anyone cares. He is known for his excellent teaching and work with students.

I think our administration would have more of a problem with my driving...

Last edited by aw9725; 01-31-2010 at 03:13 PM.