View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018
Shecock obsessed

ila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond reputeila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by a9127 View Post
...(Wonder who alive today knows what a "386" or "486" is? Or ever owned one? Or has ever heard of "Lotus 1-2-3" or "Windows 3.1"? Wonder who "Bil Gejts" is? )
I started with a Commodore 64 and then moved on to DOS on an Atari. Lotus 1-2-3 was still a DOS program. dbIII+ was the pinnacle of databases. WordPerfect was the only word processor worth talking about and Harvard Graphics was the only presentation program that could do more than show bullet points. I remember when a 50 MHz processor was called a screamer. It took me a long time before I had anything faster than that. It's hard to believe that at one time sixteen colours on a monitor was not just cutting edge, but bleeding edge. I was a system administrator using a DOS based NOS. Shall I go on?