View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018
Senior Ladyboy Lover

a9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud of

Was at the gym and heard "Uma Thurman" by Fall Out Boy. I had forgotten about about this song. It heavily makes use of "The Munsters" theme music. "The Munsters" ran from 1964-66, long before most of us were around and continues today in re-runs.

Among the "highlights" were Yvonne De Carlo who was considered one of the most beautiful and glamorous actresses of the 50's and Pat Priest as their "normal" daughter (or was it niece?). Fred Gwynne who stood 6'5" normally, wore giant boots that made him well over 7' tall in order to play Herman Munster the head of the family.

But to many people it was the cars designed by George Barris (who would also create 60's icons like the Batmobile and 70's and 80's icons for Starsky and Hutch, The Dukes of Hazzard, and Knight Rider) that were the real stars of the show.

The Munster Coach, while impressive, was no match for "Dragula" the golden "coffin bodied" drag racer driven by Grandpa. Dragula was a functional race car and would often be exhibited at local dragstrips.

"Dragula" later re-entered popular culture in 1999 when Rob Zombie recorded a song of the same name. Yes, of course I had the CD! I'll have to post "Living Dead Girl" to the "Sing A Long" thread one of these days...
Attached Thumbnails
munstersremake.jpg   Drag-U-La-Munsters-Koach-George-Barris-Built-60s-Hot.jpg   51f3nlvUR8L.jpg  

Last edited by a9127; 09-22-2019 at 03:52 AM.