View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

marlowe is a jewel in the roughmarlowe is a jewel in the roughmarlowe is a jewel in the rough
Default internet dating

I recently had an exchange with 'hankhavelock' that went like this:

'hankhavelock'
"...in spite of the fact that this (TLBF) is not per se a dating forum there still is this "kind-of-magic". In that regard it's really not much different from a dating-forum..."

'marlowe'
"I've never been on a dating forum. Of course I understand the basic principals, but I wonder what you mean by "kind-of-magic". Are you talking about the fun of flirting?"

'hankhavelock'
"Yep. But a bit further... If I were in the neighbourhood of quite a few of the Godesses here on this forum (I'm too far away - but), I would for sure try my best to get a date IRL. Because in the end we can only get to know each other THAT much via internet-talk... nothing beats meeting for real!
So yes, of course, any forum where ppl communicate is a potential "dating-forum". So don't keep hiding behind the screen... go for the ladies, baby :-) They may even be pleased that you do!"

As I said, I've not done internet dating. I've hooked up with partners either through meeting at work or in a social context. It seems to me that in order to step out with a tgirl I need to get dating on a site for that specific purpose (I don't entirely agree with hankhavelock that this site is effective in this respect). It's a bit daunting if you're not used to that way of doing things.