View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009
Junior Ladyboy Lover

cheersm8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
What is your motivation for starting yet another thread on labels? Most of the similar threads are started by people who, it seems, are fretting about being "gay" and are looking for some way around a label. But your thread really seems pointless. I don't mean that in an offensive way, but rather as a way to ask, with respect: What is your point? Why do the labels matter?
My motivation is purely to see diversity of opinions. It has nothing to do with mine or anybody elses sexual directions or insecurities. This is 2009 not 1909, and anybodies sexual orientation is, in my opinion, very much a miniscule part of an individual, as a person.
Why do labels matter? Answer - to me, they don't, but as human beings generaly, an 'identity' is important, and people like to feel part of a group, whether it be following a football team, following a fashion trend ( ie chavs, punks, goths ) or being green. Love 'em or loathe 'em, labels are part of being human and the world would be a pretty funny place without them. Take this forum for example, would a forum called 'people_with_boobs_and_a_penis' carry as many members,contributors, and variety of topics?

As far as 'fretting about being gay' goes everybody and everybody knows and accepts that the ' I like trannies thing' is used by guys as a get out clause for their deep rooted homophobic inhibitions. that situation has been around since the year dot, it won't go away, and is, I feel just something that guys have to deal with. it's no big deal, and is in no way wierd, shameful, or reflective on the wholesomeness of that person.

Last edited by cheersm8; 05-30-2009 at 02:47 PM.