View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008
Senior Ladyboy Lover

GRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to beholdGRH is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesame View Post
...did you see Ghost Dog with Forest Whitaker?...
While I haven't seen that particular film, Forest Whitaker was simply amazing in "The Last King of Scotland." He plays a Ugandan dictator amazingly well.

As for most of the films listed thus far, I must say that I would agree with many of them. I don't think anyone has listed a film that I haven't enjoyed on some level, and a very few films listed succeed as high art. I suspect that I am akin to TheSkronkDonkey in my assessment of film, as I can be somewhat snobbish in regards to what separates a fun film from a truly great one. I have spent the past several years of my life collecting some of the critical darlings, such as the AFI Hundred Greatest List and certain other foreign lists. I have my favorite films based on categories...Some films suceed as great films, others succeed because they're just cool, and some succeed because they really touch me on some sort of emotionally resonating level. It is this last category of film that garners multiple, repeat viewings, and these films have been my most influential, obsessive works, though they are not all necessarily high art by any means.

Star Wars I-VI (More emphasis on the original trilogy by far)
Legends of the Fall
Titanic
Donnie Darko
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Thin Red Line
Schindler's List
Hero
Citizen Kane
2001 Space Odyssey
Vanilla Sky

My mind is a bit blank at the moment, I'll probably think of some more later, but that's a good start of films that I really love and have seen many, many times over.