View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

ziggybabie is an unknown quantity at this point

Agnostic. Atheist about all wordly theistic religions, but agnostic about the possibility of some unknown higher being, whether it's good natured, "evil", completely indifferent, or something totally beyond our understanding.

As far as the original "Satanist" comment, though, honestly a lot of people have a major misconception. LaVey Satanists are atheists. It's a non-theistic (no gods) religion, much like Buddhism or Taoism. More of a philosophy.

They do not believe in a devil or "boogeyman". The devil is just a metaphor for the things Christianity calls "sins". LaVeyan Satanists say things like "lust", "gluttony" and "pride" ("Tha DEVIL, Bobby Boo-shay!") are only human nature, and love should be shared for those who deserve it, not ingrates or enemies who will not appreciate or reciprocate it. Instead of turning the other cheek or letting yourself be walked all over, seek vengeance. It's all about balance and moderation of these things.

Personally, some of it's a bit TOO abrasive for my tastes. I'm not big on vengeance, for example, or fighting, or the sort, unless it's a last resort. I'd be more with the passive aggressiveness of Buddhism on things like that. But, I do think a lot of things about the "religion" Anton LaVey created make sense. I respect philosophy over theology, but even that said, many theistic religions are still cool mythologies with some good lessons.

I'm not exactly an expert on anything though. My life philosophies are a random mishmash of things I learned from google searches or pop culture, mostly. lol

IF there is a truly loving God, I think being a good person should be enough to pass his/her "judgment". Sending Gandhi to hell for picking the "wrong path" (with little to no evidence to guide him since every religion is equally valid according to "blind faith" sans facts), but letting in a serial killer because he asks the "correct God" for forgiveness sounds like very flawed morals to me.

Last edited by ziggybabie; 07-31-2008 at 01:03 PM.