View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010
Communicator

Mel Asher is infamous around these partsMel Asher is infamous around these parts
Default Seek and ye shall find

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc View Post
Two things I can say with absolute certainty.

1. There are no "clear definitions" of such terms, if by clear you mean universally accepted. Simply look at the "femboys" thread and check out the discussion about what that term means, and you will realize the near impossibility of developing clear definitions.

2. Related to the first, because these are terms of identity and self-identity, there is no way to avoid offense in some, or many, cases.
I fully agree, especially smc's second point. It is easy to give offence without meaning to, although you cannot make allowances for individuals who are unduly oversensitive.

What I cannot understand, though is why the questioner has made no attempt at all to do his own research - in Wikipedia, for example, and expects to get clear definitions from other forum members who may well have strong views on such terminology.

Not a good subject for a new thread I feel, when so many views have already been expressed by many members, all of which can be accessed with a little searching.

Sorry but go !