Thread: sing a long
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019
Senior Ladyboy Lover

a9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud ofa9127 has much to be proud of
Default Californication (Metal Cover by Leo Moracchioli)

“Californication” is by far my favorite song by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. One of their biggest hits, it was released in 2000 and has been played at every show since then according to what I’ve read. I have seen them perform it in concert.

If you aren’t aware of him on YouTube, Leo Moracchioli has gained quite a following through his “metal” versions of pop hits. He has covered everything from Lady GaGa and Adele to “Despacito” and "Zombie.” An extremely talented musician who plays all instruments, he records his covers at his home studio in Norway. Sometimes his wife joins him on bass, or their daughter takes part in the video. They even have done a version of “Baby Shark” so that will give you some idea. I am a huge fan of his.

Unlike many of the “hard rock” versions out there his covers are not in my opinion disrespectful of the original artists. Although if you don’t like “heavy metal”…

Sometimes he does a cover that I genuinely like better than the original. I love this song as originally performed but this is one of those cases. The video was filmed at the 2017 NAMM show in Los Angeles.

The song’s lyrics are very intense (if you know what it’s about) and were written by Anthony Kiedis the RHCP’s lead singer.

“First born unicorn” is a reference to Dorothy Stratten a Playboy Playmate who was murdered in 1980. The “metal” treatment adds additional intensity to an already awesome song. While no one could improve on John Frusciante’s original guitar solo, I especially like how Leo turns that part over to several “relatively unknown” guitar players giving them recognition.