View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor1989 View Post
I'm listening to Dire Straits-Sultans of Swing.
Lovely band...Mark Knopfler is a guitar god!!!
Ten or twelve years ago, I was sitting in the famous Tinker's Cafe on the main street in Woodstock, New York, having a mid-afternoon lunch. It was nearly empty, but for a family that was just about ready to leave as we sat down.

Of course, music was playing over the speaker system. As the family got up from their table, "Sultans of Swing" came on. The young son in the family, barrel-chested boy, about 10 years old, suddenly pulled away from his mother who was holding his hand and ran up onto the small stage in the restaurant (which has music every night; Bob Dylan played there often in the early 1960s). He grabbed a microphone stand (there was no microphone), bent it down, and began to sing along with Dire Straits. My friends and I watched with delight, while the boy's mother and father seemed both horrified that he might be interrupting our lunch and proud of him at the same time.

When the song was over, the boy jumped down from the stage and rejoined his family. As they were leaving, the mother came over to our table and said, "Sorry, he goes crazy every time that song comes on. If we're in the car, we have to pull over so he can get out and dance, or else he moves around so much that my husband is afraid he will make him crash the car."

With that, she smiled, turned, and left.

I always think of this when I hear the song, and it brings a big smile to my face.