View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

TracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these partsTracyCoxx is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by violet lightning View Post
Anyone believe in UFO.s? Anyone had a sighting, or perhaps an encounter?
Or maybe you think its complete bullshit....
Complete bullshit.

Although I have seen some very odd lights over Brownsville TX many years ago. It was a illuminated line moving very fast and erratically in the sky. It's a huge leap to go from odd lights in the sky to ALIENS though. I mean, it's not as if we have no way of putting lights in the sky ourselves.

Then, on the scientific side, we've only been producing radio waves that would catch another civilization's attention for the last 60-70 years. So only civilizations within 60-70 light years would even know there's intelligent life here. We've already looked at stars within that distance and none of them are broadcasting anything. I do think there is intelligent life out there though... somewhere. I just don't think they have been here.

Other scientific points... It takes an enormous amount of energy to travel near the speed of light. And because of relativity, the space travelers would return to their planet 10s of thousands, maybe even millions of years in their future. What would it be worth to that civilization to send a crew to investigate our planet if they would not reap any benefits from that mission for thousands to millions of years later?

And I know the old argument... just because we haven't found a way to go faster than the speed of light doesn't mean an advanced civilization can't figure it out. I'm a physicist though, and the speed of light is most definitely the speed limit. We have witnessed some of the most energetic events in the universe... galaxies colliding, supernova, gamma ray bursts from the edge of the universe that put out as much energy as a million suns would in their entire life every second. Nothing has been seen to break the speed of light.