View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold

Women are't more vicious toward Trans*women. My comment was that women enforce gendered behavior amongst them selves more viciously than men do. Women are more cruel to "tomboys" than guys are for example.

As far as women being more accepting of Trans* ... yes and no. Generally, I am more comfortable telling natal women than I am men. However, no man has ever thrown a fit when I try to use the lady's bathroom. When she finds out the status of my genetalia often the next comment is "Oh so you aren't a 'real woman' yet". Then we have 30 years of Radical Feminism discussing women like me as "mutilated men", constructions bent on infiltration of women's spaces, dupes of social conditioning that say men do x and women do y.

The anger and objections from women make it so that we can't get assistance in domestic violence shelters, can get arrested if caught in the "wrong" locker room (and assulted when we use the other one), we go the men's prision if we are convicted of crimes. We are held to a higher standard of personal presentation (that get's us either way). We get told that when we are angry and/or defending our right to talk about our lives we are suddenly in posession of "male energy" and we are being "too loud" like a man. If we are demure and wear makeup, we are playing into the steriotype of woman.