Thread: WWF/WWE Fans?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008
Apprentice Ladyboy Lover

ziggybabie is an unknown quantity at this point

First, let me say to the detractors, yes I know it is "fake", but so is theater and action movies. I, and many others who also know this, still enjoy it.

That said, I used to be into the WWE big time. And WCW and ECW. I liked ECW best, for multiple reasons. The old ECW. The real one.

This new shit isn't ECW. The new "ECW" show sucks hairy goat balls and he's just turned it into a WWE minor league or something, which is an insult to the old fans and guys who started and built the company as an upstart rebellion and alternative to what the WWE and WCW were doing. Vince McMahon running "ECW" is about as oxymoronical as Hitler running anti-racism rallies. Complete opposites. ECW was a true democracy, where other wrestlers and fans opinions actually counted. McMahon runs his company like a dictatorship. Always has. His way or the highway and don't dare contradict his "genius". ECW was more free expression and taking it back for the fans. McMahon is about censorship and kissing corporate sponsors ass and pyrotechnic bullshit.

I've been boycotting the WWE for a while now, because of all the bullshit Vince has been doing. He practically spits on one of the most loyal portions of his fanbase (what he calls "internet fans" or "dirt-rag readers"). This steroid scandal helped bring to light how shitty a human being he is. Many hardcore wrestling fans have known for years.

"Yeah, don't take steroids" *wink wink...rewards guys who take steroids with promotions*

Ric Flair....if he came up in the WWE, he might not have made it. Cuz Vinnie Mac likes big guys more than guys who are better athletes. Flair never looked like a hulking behemoth. He just had personality and good matches.

Vince also LOTS of times doesn't respect guys from other promotions worth a damn if he didn't make them. Vader, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, etc. I could go further, but I'll leave it be. WCW was FAR from perfect, either, holding down so many young new guys with main event potential like Eddy Guerrero and Raven while we seen an 80 year old Hogan vs Savage match for the billionth time and they made practically no effort to elevate new main eventers. The name "Wheel Chair Wrestling" came from somewhere. The old timers wanted to hold that torch forever. I still liked the old NWA and WWE during and a little before the Attitude era, though. If I get any WWE tapes, now, though, it's old bootleg DVDs of the "good ol days". So I'm not putting money in Vinnie's pockets.

Nowadays, I'd rather support TNA or ROH. But, I'm more nostalgic than anything.

Last edited by ziggybabie; 07-31-2008 at 02:19 PM.