View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011
Senior Ladyboy Lover

smc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond reputesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to smc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
I still say the social contract is non-existent. Every program run by any government is paid for through taxes. Governments do not create money they only redistribute what is taken in taxes. The government takes in money (from me) and later gives it back. The government did not create any program out of benevolence. Programs were created by governments in the hopes that they will be retain power because it looks like they are doing something for nothing. Therefore there is no social contract.
With all due respect to you, my friend, I don't think you are using the term "social contract" in the way I am, and certainly not according to the standard definition as employed by philosophers and political scientists since Rousseau, who wrote the first definitive book on the subject.