Thread: Baseball
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010
Dark Overlord

shadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud ofshadows has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila View Post
That seems to be a common Jays problem. When they do get a good player at a reasonable salary they let him go. Sometimes the Jays are so frustrating with the way they do business.

Yes, shadows, I do support the Jays (the only Toronto team that I do support). I would like to see them be a lot more consistent than they are. They always get my hopes only to dash them again.
I think now that J.P. Retardi is no longer the GM things will be looking up. We may have been able to get Adam Dunn...or at least we could have before our Idiot Savant(without the Savant) of a GM decided to belittle him. And to top that all off, someone pretended to be Adam Dunn when they talked to him during his session on Jay's Radio. What a buffoon!

Frank Thomas: Bad contract.

B.J.Ryan: At the time of the signing it honestly looked good. Then he got injured and that was that. So neutral contract.

Vernon Wells: Horrible, horrible contract! That basically handcuffs the Jays for many years, as who the hell would pick up that contract in a trade? Not even the Yankees, as Wells has sucked eggs the past couple of seasons. I think it was more of a case of getting off the juice than being "injured" all the time. I think his production dropping around the time of the Mitchell Reports being announced is more than just a coincidence. Perhaps I am just being a jaded Jays fan...perhaps not. HORRIBLE CONTRACT!

Alex Rios: Another bad contract. Thankfully we were able to pawn him off to another team who picked up his contract via the waiver wire! Thank you Chicago Whitesox, THANK YOU!!!! That kid had so much potential, but he just couldn't reach it. I just don't think he has the mental(and by this, I don't mean intelligence)capability to do it now. He will be an okay player, but will never reach his full potential. Bad contract...that we were lucky to get rid of.

Is it a telling sign that we were not able to sign any of our draft picks this year? I think MLB needs to change the way they have the draft and make it something like the NHL has. If a team picks you, you play for them or you get sanctioned until you do(or the team that picked you gets a bonus pick(s) in the next draft and the player still doesn't get to play for a year or two). Scott Boras is an agent of a lot of these young punks(and I say it because they are obviously in it for money only, and are being greedy since they have not proven themselves on a professional level), and he is a cancer/parasite that MLB needs to get rid of. Look at the list of MLB players that he is an agent of, and you will see that he is the agent of the ones that have "issues", either with their code of conduct, their maturity, or their attitude.

A mini-rant there at the end, but I had to get it off my chest.