Thread: Baseball
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010
Senior Ladyboy Lover

Talvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these partsTalvenada is infamous around these parts
Default Phillies fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauls View Post
That's good. Now all the arbitration-eligible players have been signed.

Where else will the Phillies look to strengthen the roster?

What are the chances of Jayson Werth remaining with the Phillies when he becomes a free agent after the 2010 season? Another season like 2009 and the Phillies would be looking at a $10+ a year deal to keep him.

If the Phillies payroll keeps rising as fast as it has in the last 2 or 3 years, they'll pass the Mets' payroll soon.
DUALS:

Everybody wants to keep Werth, who will be a $15M to $20M signing, if he has a good to super year with good being at '09 numbers.

We want J-Dub to have a super year, because no one will want him to have an off year.

However, if I read my Rubes correctly, The Phillies will dole out big money $15M to $20M (tops) to Halladay (or Lee), Rynosaur, Utley and Hamels.

We want Cole to come up big, and when he does he'll be 1 of 4 guys with big tickets: 2 starters and 2 position players.

4 guys @ $60M to $80M seems to be the ceiling, if I read my Rubes right.

Everything else is a dream. Keep in mind there is only 1 big ticket left to buy: Cole Hamels OR a starting stud hurler.

TAL