View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009
Ms Tranny Manners

Bionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to beholdBionca is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheersm8 View Post
Whilst I agree with most of your points hankhavelock, I also feel that there must be some legeslative intervention and/or control in this matter. Our society would become a joke, if a person could become another, selected gender, on a whim, and then two years down the line, wish to change back again and so on and so on. That is where doctors, support groups, councellors, the legal system, and the politicians, should all work hand in hand.
That's pretty much the situation as we have it. What actually would be the issue with the theoretical people switching gender on a whim?

As it stands, you have doctors, councilors etc. acting a gatekeepers - the thought being that Trans*-ness is so horrid that any and all opportunities to avoid it should be exhausted. Making being a Trans* woman simply a "failed man". Add to that the vague ways laws are written and even when/if we pass muster but don't want/ can't afford SRS we live with conflicting documentation and very limited access to social servises and jobs.