View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009
Senior Ladyboy Lover

hankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nicehankhavelock is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to hankhavelock Send a message via Skype™ to hankhavelock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionca View Post
I'll have to second Jen's comment above - "mutilated" is probably the worst word to use for SRS, and is quite often used by anti-trans folks to discount the lives of trans*women. "Altered is probably only marginally better, since some feminists have decided to call natal women "FAAB" (Female Assigned At Birth) and trans* women as "SCAMs" (Surgically and Chemically Altered Males).

Although I support your sentiments 100% as far as legal recognition goes. I was born in a place that won't change my birth certificate no matter what I do - this means that any time I get a job, travel out of the country, etc I get to tell random strangers I'm trans*.
Mizzy B

As you obviously know, I'll be the last to insult any trans*woman here. How ever, I do believe the term "mutilation" has merit when you consider, that some girls have said to me: "I'll do what ever my man wants me to do..."

Not only does that break my heart, but it also makes it a political thing for me. When ever a little tranny is more or less talked into doing such a serious thing, then it quickly becomes mutilation, if her own heart is not into it. I've met and befriended my share of trans*woman, most likely quite a few more than most of you. And I've NEVER truly met what I would consider a "true post-op wannabe".

Besides, I've had good and deep debates with Danish trans*women about this issue - and not least my old friend Solvejg is fighting a hairless thing against the danish law makers to make them recognize the fact that gender identity is not a matter of genitalia.

If a woman decides on her own that SRS is what it takes to make her feel more comfortable with her self and within her self, then I will support her 100%. The sad fact is, however, that girls feel the pressure and go ahead embarking on a terrible route that can only in the end be labelled "mutilation".

That's why in Denmark you cannot be granted SRS until many years of heavy psychological tests to determine your motivation. I agree to such a strenuous regiment. SRS is not to be taken lightly.

Disagree all you want, ladies...

H